For Bristol Plaza staff members and Guests, there are 5 key things to know before arriving at the Bristol Plaza, and they include:
- Temperature screenings
- Face coverings required for all employees. Face coverings are required for all Guests ages 3 and up while located within interior common areas of the motel and while walking along common walkways of guestrooms with exterior entrances. Face coverings are not required for guests while in the parking lot, outdoor pool area or sun decks.
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours or complete closure of select amenities
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand sanitizers in key areas
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for Guests and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Bristol Plaza
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Bristol Plaza you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
All Guests are subject to contactless temperature screenings while visiting at the Bristol Plaza.
- Guest Screening: During this initial period, Guests are subject to temperature screening in these locations: the lobby, entrance to outdoor pool area. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either and all will be required to vacate the motel immediately.
- Employee Screening: Employees will be required to undergo a temperature check upon arrival at work. No employee shall be permitted to work who displays a temperature of 100.4 F or above.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Face Coverings: Employees are required to wear face coverings. All Guests ages 3 and up are required to wear appropriate face covering while located within interior common areas of the motel and while walking along common walkways of guestrooms with exterior entrances. Guests must bring their own face coverings. Face coverings for Guests are optional while guests are outside except for along common walkways of guestrooms with exterior entrances.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations, for example, to help ensure proper distances between people.
- Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options such as credit cards.
We are implementing physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials to include the following:
- Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- Training: We are also training employees to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
Cleanliness and Sanitization
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and colleagues is always our top priority. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit . To that end, we have adopted the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) “Safe Stay” initiative, a program developed in conjunction with public health experts, scientists and medical leaders to create a series of best practices for the hospitality industry, including but not limited to the following:
- Enhanced cleaning standards throughout the motel, including guestrooms, common areas and back-of-house spaces
- The use of superior cleaning products with a greater concentration of bacteria & virus-killing ingredients, in accordance with CDC guidelines
- The use of electronic air purifiers in guestrooms prior to check-in
- Social distancing practices and reducing person-to-person contact
- Our employees will not enter your guestroom during your stay unless you request we do so in order to provide housekeeping or maintenance services. If you request housekeeping services, we will only enter your room while it is vacant. In lieu of a full housekeeping service, we will be happy to deliver fresh linens and supplies to your room and leave them outside of your room. If you request maintenance services, everyone in your room while maintenance personnel are present are required to wear face coverings and remain 6 feet away from the maintenance personnel.
We are further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among our employees and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the reopening phases.
Check-in and Check-out times
As of June 1st, and until further notice, check-in time is after 4pm, and check-out time is before 10am. The additional time between check-in and check-out is required due to upgraded guestroom cleaning procedures. Keep in mind most rooms will be ready for check-in before 4pm.
About These Measures
As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes to our retail and dining offerings, as well as other experiences. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer an exceptional experience in a responsible way. Undoubtedly, these measures will be changing frequently over the next few weeks, and we will do our best to keep the information provided here up to date.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain proper physical distancing.